Sunday, October 17, 2010

Just an [O]rdinary Day

-Parting Note-

I woke up and groped around for my mobile and lo and behold!! It was gone. How on earth was I supposed to check the damned time?? I must have forgotten it at the club the night before... Oh Shoot! Was I late? I had set up an alarm on that thing!! I went to get my old worn out watch to check the time and found that I was a good one hour late. What a way to begin a day; I hurried up and got ready and reached work only to discover that the scatterbrain that I was; I had missed out on carrying my USB along too. Oh no.. Just not done, I had a presentation that day.

I then tried to logon to the computer, but it was corrupted by a blasted virus that had destroyed every bit and sector of my hard drive!! Oh my god, what was happening! I ran to check my email (but not before receiving a frosty hard stare of my colleague being bothered in the middle of his so called farming on “farmville”). Thereafter, I found my boss telling me to book a ticket and board the flight for an impromptu staff meeting (maybe he had been trying to reach me on my phone too).

I opened up the airline website in order to book my ticket, but hey! Something had to go wrong right? It so turned out that it was the day of my credit card expiry!! How inconvenient! I made up my mind to drive around for a good coffee to clear my head. However, when I went to the car, it was to find that I had left the electronic key inside and locked it. I was cursing my misfortune thinking that I had gotten out of the wrong side of my bed that day. I looked around and found myself all alone in this darned mess. All of a sudden, a shrill sound caught me off guard. I opened my eyes with a rude shock and a comic sense of relief almost the very next instant and realized that I hadn’t got out of bed at all. It “was” a bad dream!!

After all it was just an ordinary day.

Ankur is an Electronics and Communication Engineer and has worked with Sapient and Verizon in various domains. He likes to read about anything under the Sun. A huge fan of Apple and always up for backpack travelling, he is also a music buff of extremes. Either he likes soft music or the totally loud boogiewoogie types. Basically, he is anything but ordinary and does NOT have ordinary days like the one mentioned in his first article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment